Search Sue's Blog

Thursday 3 October 2013

National Poetry Day (and a bit of shameless self-publicity)



Today is National Poetry Day in the UK, and I spent a pleasant few hours this afternoon at an event in Manchester organised in its honour. During the course of the afternoon I inflicted some of my drivel on a bunch of totally innocent people who never did me any harm.  I hope they will find it in their hearts to forgive me.

Whilst I was sorting out what I was going to read at this event, Better Half suggested that I should end my set with a plug for the forthcoming novel. In verse.  

A few frantic hours of scribbling later, this is what emerged:


WATCH THIS SPACE
Way back in the late fifteen-hundreds,
a playwright (Will Shakespeare by name)
penned a tale about two star-crossed lovers;
a story which brought him great fame.

A young man who gatecrashes a party
meets a girl who’s the love of his life.
They are wed, but both dead four days later;
‘tis the price of their families’ strife.

At the start of the twenty-first century
a rebellious author named Sue
took Will’s story and re-wrote the outcome;
coming soon to a bookshelf near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment